Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tig Notaro and tragedy and time

Three days after being diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer, comedian Tig Notaro gave a memorable stand-up performance at The Largo.  Louis CK said it was "one of the greatest standup performances I ever saw."  Actor and writer Kira Hesser, who was in the audience that night, eloquently said "for the first time in my life, as far as I can recall, I genuinely laughed and cried at the exact same time, bewildered at the tragedy and the remarkably calm, clever prism through which she assessed her terrible set of circumstances."

I saw this clip of Tig on Conan discussing the Largo performance and her recent cancer prognosis a few weeks ago and even it blew me away. She's so rad!



You can now purchase an audio recording of Tig Notaro's Largo performance on Louis CK's site for $5.

via Laughing Squid

No comments: