Friday, June 17, 2011

FYF Fest 2011

Tickets go on sale today for the FYF Fest, happening in LA in early September.  I've attended FYF the past two years and it's always been a good time.

The lineup this year doesn't seem quite as exciting to me as last year, but includes some big acts like Broken Social Scene and Guided by Voices, The Cults, Girls, and No Age (see left).  Still a good deal for only $35.  And still plenty of time for other bands to join the lineup (last year Local Natives joined late, I was so happy.)

Here's a video playlist of some other bands performing:


They're moving the location from LA State Historic Park (near Chinatown) to downtown LA, which the organizers said was for "a more comfortable experience."  I really hope it's still as laid back and open as it was in the park.  I loved being able to take a break in the beer garden, sit in the grass in the shade with a cold beer, and still hear music.  Sounds like the new venue will have shade and food trucks, so I'm excited to check it out.  Four stages!

Also the people-watching will be top-notch.  LA hipsters are the best and by best I mean worst!



Follow FYF on Twitter for updates

No comments: