Saturday, July 2, 2011

Picture Me

I simultaneously love and hate the fashion world.  I think it's pretentious and extravagant and gives a wrong message to the world of what women should look like and has absolutely no relevance in my life.  Still, like a moth towards a flame I'm positively drawn towards fashion-related reality shows, movies, and street fashion blogs.  Is it because I worshiped fashion magazines as a teen?

I really dug this documentary: Picture Me from 2009.  It follows the surprisingly down-to-earth Sara Ziff for a few years during her rise in --and ultimate rejection of-- the modeling world.  It provides a really intimate glimpse into a glamorous, and not so glamorous, money-driven industry.  Super interesting!



I watched it while designing outfits on Polyvore, which I continue to be obsessed with.  You can watch Picture Me on Netflix instant.

No comments: