Monday, March 23, 2009

I am officially recommending


Vetiver's "Tight Knit"

Vetiver is one of those bands who've been around for a few years but I never really gave them a fair listen. Like, if someone asked me "Have you heard of Vetiver?" I'd say "I've heard of them, but I haven't heard them." I got a copy of their new album from the station last week and have been playing it nonstop. Seriously amazing, pretty, indie-folk.

Here's a silly video for one of their more upbeat tracks...


---------------


Grizzly Bear's "Veckatimest"

I want to move to Brooklyn and marry Grizzly Bear. A friend sent me a copy of their newest album last week and it blows me away. So pretty and good.

Here's them performing track #2 on Letterman a few months back. Jesus, can they be more perfect?



----------------


Neko Case's "Middle Cyclone"

I can't get enough Neko. This is her third solo album. I'm not yet convinced I'll love it as much as 2006's "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood," but perhaps it's just a matter of time.

Here's a little making-of...

1 comment:

Sayward Rebhal said...

These are all so good. I'm much overdue for a kate mixtape!