Thursday, October 7, 2010

Grow a pair.

I have several amazing lady friends who are single and looking for a guy, and most of them are trying out the online dating thing to varying degrees, with varying success.

My pal N. posted this frustrated rant the other day and it made me laugh.

- - - - -
boy: hey you seem really cool and interesting, if you want to know a little more about me, here's my facebook page : ...

another boy: if you'd like to get a glass of wine sometime here's my email : ...


really? no phone number? i can't even get to know you face to face? i have to test you out on the internet for weeks on end? i have to follow you on twitter and be on foursquare or check out your blog to get to know you? you don't even want to take the time to tell me yourself? do you even want to know anything about me or are you just so awesome that everyone should friend you? do you ever get out into the real world and talk to real people?

what the fuck is this? grow a pair.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Are these their first and only messages?

If so then yes, they're pretty useless. Any messages that could be cut and pasted and sent to anyone are as lazy and bad as a "wink" in my book.

You might suggest that your friends post something like your Messaging Etiquette in their journal section, just to give people a leg up.