Friday, October 15, 2010

I feel weird admitting it, but...

I'm seeing someone.  I met him in real life, not online.  Go figure.

If it makes you feel better, he has an OkCupid profile and according to their algorithm we're a 96% match.  So maybe there's something to OkCupid's matchmaking, afterall. We're 12% enemies too, which always makes me wonder... Are we 12% incompatible?  Is that a lot?  I think it has something to do with the way we answered our match questions.  For example, when I clicked on "The Two Of Us" tab, I found this:


Dealbreaker?  I hope not. :)

The problem with analyzing our profiles after the fact, after we met and started spending time together, is it feels like it's cheating somehow. Are online profiles filled with too much information? Does it take away from the whole getting-to-know-you process?

It's amazing how little free time you have in the beginning of a relationship, which is probably why I'm not paying attention to this blog lately. (Sorry.) I'll try to refrain from posting about my own relationship, but still update at least once a week with other stuff about love/sex/relationships/dating, or the lack thereof.  Feel free to submit ideas for posts via okstoopid at gmail.com or in the comments.

No comments: