Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Lonely is a freedom... lonely is healing if you make it."

I love this video!  I was reminded of it today from Frank Warren of PostSecret, who said it was one of his favorite memes of 2010.

"If you're happy in your head then solitude is blessed and alone is okay."


It's called "How To Be Alone" by filmmaker, Andrea Dorfman, and poet/singer/songwriter, Tanya Davis.  The full poem is listed at the Youtube page.

There's something sacred about being content with being alone.  It's what to strive for when you're in-between relationships, when you have time and space to figure out who you really are and to love yourself.  Even within a relationship, alone time is important.  Maybe I live too much in my head, but I always feel off-center if I don't spend quality time alone, just me and my thoughts.  And maybe some coffee.  And maybe a sunny day.  And maybe my bike.

No comments: