What Men Think (words to live by) is a really good list of suggestions for women from a guy reader of Alexi's site.
Some of my favorite parts [my comments in italics]:
- Yep, your ex was an asshole. We kind of want to know why, but there’s a point where you’re just dumping daddy-rage on him... Take some responsibility for the relationship not working out. [I need to learn this one! I'm still bitter about some of my past breakups and I catch myself still shit-talking my exes on occasion. Why?? So lame!]
- Don’t give up on giving head or hand jobs cos your neck/hands are tired. You’d think we’re assholes if we did the same. [Whoa! I've totally done this to a guy before, now I feel bad!]
- Around the first date it’s all on us: Don’t call us... Don’t go text fishing. You have to kind of let us know you’re open to our advances (being super aloof just looks like the same as “fuck off” to us), but MAKE US DO THE WORK. [I have a problem with being super aloof... This is kind of a "Rules" rule, by letting the guy do most of the work in the beginning. I totally agree with this!]
- Rarely give us the benefit of the doubt. Like once or twice. After that, you’re letting shit slide and soon you’ll be making excuses for us. Call us out on our shit. [This one takes a long time to learn.]
- Girls can be curvy. Girls can have small boobs and be slim. The sexiest girls are the ones who don’t give a fuck what we think about how they look. WE REALLY LIKE THAT. [I don't have as many body issues as I used to, but this is another one I learned over a long time.]
- You can never fix us. If we’re douches, we’re staying that way. You are not going to be the one. Save yourself some heartache.
Read the whole article here.