Monday, May 30, 2011

Dead Air Nightmares

I recently joined a Facebook group for KCPR, the radio station I was involved with for three years at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo.  It has only been a few months since I stopped DJing at KCSB, but it's been fun to scroll through old pictures of my former station and read the comments when someone starts reminiscing, like "What song would you play to give yourself enough time to run to the bathroom?"

Someone recently asked:

Turns out a LOT of former KCPR DJs have the same anxiety dream, either screwing up the sound board, flubbing the station ID, not finding music to play, or otherwise broadcasting dead air.  It must be one of those "you know you're a real DJ if..." situations.  They're rare, but I definitely have them!

from Len F. posted to KCPR - Cal Poly Radio on Facebook

No comments: