Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dealbreakers...from the men's perspective.

Andy Borowitz posted a really funny column in New Yorker magazine titled Alarm Bells.  I love a great satire!
When I’m on a first date, alarm bells always go off if the woman says, “Let’s play Nixon.” This happened a few weeks ago when I was out with a tax attorney from one of the big midtown firms whom I met on OkCupid. I can understand why she wanted to play, because she was totally great at it. She looked scary with her shoulders hunched over, growling about the press and vowing revenge against the people on her enemies list. But as she started screaming about Jane Fonda and Joe Namath, I thought, Did it even occur to her that maybe I wanted to be Nixon and she could be Kissinger? That set off major alarm bells for me, because the last thing I need in my life is someone who’s inconsiderate
Read more http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2011/09/26/110926sh_shouts_borowitz#ixzz1YWuKQcZ1.


I first heard of Andy on The Moth Podcast talking about his butt and how he almost died.  That sounds trite, but trust me he did so in a very smart, funny and touching way.  He managed to survive and is an active Twitterer and has a new anthology book out: The 50 Funniest American Authors

No comments: