Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Best of 2009??

I've been slowly compiling my best of 2009 playlist, both for my year-end show on Between the Bars and also for a mixed-cd I plan to make for my friends as a holiday gift. (People still listen to cds, right?)

In preparation, I've been scouring the best-of annual lists from music industry folks, like Pitchfork, KCRW, KEXP, and NPR's "All Songs Considered." What I discovered, sadly, was there so much amazing music released this year that completely passed me by.

Have you heard of Fanfarlo? I just heard of them. They're fantastic.



I love the All Songs podcast and really enjoyed their end of the year roundup. Lots of music I hadn't heard yet, lots of witty banter between their panel of music critics. Read and listen at their blog and the podcast.

No comments: