Sunday, December 13, 2009

Burrowing

I really enjoyed this article on the Communicatrix blog, about "burrowing time." What she describes as "the in-between, unplugged, unmoored time Between Big Goals, where things are stewing and churning and sorting themselves out. The wandering in the desert years."

It occurred to me that perhaps I don't appreciate down-time as much as I should. That it's okay to spend time alone, at home, and nest. That even when I'm doing nothing, something is happening, something is being rejuvenated. I went on a long car trip last month and realized how amazing it was to have several hours alone in my car with my thoughts. There's just something about that forced alone time I really needed. Yes so much of the last year I've been going out of my way to avoid it.

A good friend of mine said, sometimes you need to be alone to make space for something (or someone) new.

...Hitler, apparently...

1 comment:

Sayward Rebhal said...

I am going to see you soon I cannot waaaaaaaaaaaait!!!