Saturday, January 15, 2011

It Might Get Loud

I was stuck at home with the stomach flu yesterday and ended up watching movies all day.  Caught this documentary on Netflix and LOVED IT.

"It Might Get Loud" centers around Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin, The Edge from U2, and Jack White from The White Stripes, and their obsessive love of guitars.  They captured some pretty fascinating and intimate interviews with each of the guitarists about their musical careers, beginning as little kids just really really into music.  There's also great footage of the three of them sitting around together and jamming.  Even if you're not a huge fan of either of their bands, you have to appreciate three generations of guitarists coming together like that.

I love early U2, and this film really made me want to rewatch the 1988 documentary Rattle and Hum.

Here's the trailer to "It Might Get Loud"

1 comment:

Adam said...

I'm not really a disciple of any of those guitarists, but I agree -- the documentary was absolutely fascinating. I loved every minute of it.