Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dream of the 90's is alive in Portland

Really looking forward to this new Portlandia comedy series on IFC!



That's Fred Armisen (of SNL) and Carrie Brownstein (of Sleater-Kinney and music correspondent and blogger for NPR's All Songs Considered). I mentioned their comedy act Thunder Ant when they did a silly music video with St. Vincent a year ago.  Sorry if that kinda makes me sound like a hipster douchebag.  "Uh, I totally heard of them before they were famous."  I'm just glad they're getting noticed!

I'm also excited about the show because Portland is one of my favorite cities.  I probably visit there once a year.  When my single girl friends complain about not being able to find good single guys, I tell them it's because they all moved to Portland and married vegans.  The place is crawling with scruffy alternative dudes-- even the mailmen there have hipster beards.

I'm looking forward to visiting Portland again next week to see my friend Sayward (of Bonzai Aphrodite) and help her celebrate turning 30!  Can't wait to get some Voodoo Doughnuts!

No comments: