Sunday, February 14, 2010

St. Vincent & ThunderAnt

St. Vincent's sophomore album "Actor" topped several Best of 2009 lists. It's taken me time to absorb it, but the more I hear it the more I like it. She has such an amazing voice. I first heard of her through the La Blogotheque series and her street performance of Paris is Burning.

Here's a funny video for "Laughing With a Mouth of Blood" from the 2009 album "Actor" on 4AD. It's a fake in-store performance at Women For Women First, a fictional bookstore created by ThunderAnt, a sketch comedy duo comprised of Fred Armisen of SNL and Carrie Brownstein, former lead singer of Sleater-Kinney and NPR correspondent. (How awesome and random is that?? How do they even know each other??)



There's lots more ThunderAnt videos on their website. I liked the one where Fred and Carrie shop for a shirt.

No comments: