Friday, February 5, 2010

Be Stupid

I'm pretty sure this is an advertising campaign just to sell t-shirts, but I liked this video for Diesel's "BE STUPID" campaign. I think it coincides with my "have more fun" philosophy.

To be stupid is to be brave. Stupid isn't afraid to fail.

via Doobybrain

I often put pressure on myself to be smart all the time. (Is it as a result of being in a PhD program? Or is it the reason I'm attempting a PhD in the first place?) It makes me a really sore loser at trivia games. It makes it hard to ask questions when I don't understand something at work. I think the fear of looking stupid causes me to hold back on a lot of things. Which itself is pretty stupid, when you really think about it.

Updated resolutions:
1. Have fun.
2. It's okay to be stupid.

No comments: