Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ragan Fox and Liz Phair

I love to walk around downtown listening to Ragan Fox's "Fox and the City" podcast. There's something about sharing a sidewalk with uppity tourists and listening to some really funny, really clever guy joke about cum farts and Sarah Palin's retarded child. Hi. Larious.

Today I listed to the episode "Exile Cubed," which was less about celebrity gossip and more dedicated to his 2009 book of poetry "Exile in Gayville" and how it (and his life) was inspired by Liz Phair's 1993 debut album "Exile in Guyville." A repeating theme in both: promiscuity and non-relationships.

I was never a huge Liz Phair fan. Maybe it's just that I was way too young to appreciate her when she first hit it big. But I'm inspired to get into Exile in Guyville after hearing Ragan Fox talk it up.

Look how cute she is in her first music video for "Never Said." Damn... remember the '90s?



She was about 26 years old when this album released.

No comments: