Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Outfits based on album covers

I started playing around with Polyvore over a year ago (thanks Gala) during a wardrobe crisis. It's a super entertaining way to mix and match clothes and accessories and put make-believe outfits together. That makes me sound like such a girl. But seriously, it's like, hours of your life down the drain entertaining. And then I got the idea to build outfits around album covers and... basically lost track of several days. So addicting!

Isn't it amazing how much music can influence personal style? Think about the music you listened to in high school and the clothes you wore back then. Similar, right? I also realized that I use a lot of the same adjectives to describe a band, or even a band's sound, as I do to describe human beings.

Here's a few looks I put together based on some of my favorite albums.  I like to think each album and corresponding look represents a different girl.  Or maybe they're all just different versions of myself.
Feminine, hippie, thoughtful, brooding, sweet.


Selected track: Banshee Beat
The perfect soundtrack for laying down in sunny patch of grass in the park
and doodling in your Moleskine.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Edgy, young, trendy, tomboy, LA, aggressive, energetic, badass

Selected Track: Ripped Knees
Good to listen to when you're pre-partying with shots of tequila and
funny skateboard videos before you head out to some relevant dive bar.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thoughtful, intelligent, New England, classic yet modern, mature,
possibly a tad pretentious?
Selected Track: Cheerleader
This song is for riding the bus to work, and being obsessed with
crossword puzzles.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Check out the entire collection of outfits on album art on my Polyvore page:

2 comments:

Sayward Rebhal said...

This is an awesome idea! Also, mad style. Love it.

Adam said...

That is so cute and amazing! And I was sort of expecting this post to be like http://www.sleeveface.com/ at first...